Thursday, July 31, 2008

JULY 30, 2008 DOMESTIC DISPUTE AND…

JULY 30, 2008 DOMESTIC DISPUTE AND…

Tonight a friend and I decided we were going for a ride on the bicycle path. As we are leaving the Chandler Boulevard entrance, a woman comes down to let in someone waiting outside near the door. Immediately he is the doorway, and we had to work our way around him to get out. Yelling begins as we are riding away. We turn around and park both bikes. My friend is in the door. Water was thrown onto the woman, as well as a new resident and her son as they were exiting the elevator. Some words were said and he left with minimal contact. The police were called, as he was walking down the block. I assume the woman went back upstairs. Minutes later I receive two phone calls from officers on the scene.

As my friend and I are returning, we see a police helicopter in the distance circling around. Since we were miles away we weren’t 100% sure if they were circling the building again.

We return and he is outside. He had a different colored shirt on. They were called again. And by the way, where is our security officer I ask? That’s right, we only had one patrolling the night before on loan.

All I want to do is have a nice home to come home to. Is that too much to ask for? This was clearly a domestic dispute between a resident and her boyfriend. It is not my business, nor do I want to even want to know about it. Something needs to be said, if I am seeing so much stuff on a daily basis just living my life. Imagine if I or someone else took the time to go through this place deliberately looking for problems.

We run into another resident. We all enter through the Weddington entrance. We begin discussing problems we have seen here, and he tells us of two guys trying to steal a car from the parking structure this past Monday. He will be signing the petition with all of the details about that incident. Then he tells us of two kids checking to see if the U-Haul truck that has been parked outside Chandler Boulevard for a couple of days was unlocked. He yelled from the balcony to get them away from the truck. This was today. Then he tells us of riding up in the elevator with four others, while two of them began jumping around. Of course, that is when the elevator broke that was out for a week.

This place is a time bomb waiting to go off. Scott, what is it going to take? Why have you been so resistant? Is it going to take someone hurt seriously or killed for the appropriate line of action to transpire? In that event, there will be lawsuits and negative press to tank this property. Can you really afford to take a nearly $100 million dollar hit? I’m sure your investors won’t want that. I pray there will be no further issues, but of course that is not realistic. With the history of gang activity in this immediate area, this property is a beacon for attention. There are people here daily checking out cars. I would like to ask, how many times have any of the residents seen people hanging out in cars just parked in the parking structure? How many times have you seen a really crappy car just drive in, circle around the guest area and drive out? I’ve seen both scenarios several times. Do you think the parking structure is the next cool place for adolescents to hang out? No, they are scoping things out. Please Scott, what is it going to take?

No comments: