Friday, September 5, 2008

Crime Problems at Lofts at NoHo Commons Continue

SEPTEMBER 2, 2008

Crime Problems at Lofts at NoHo Commons Continue

At least one disgruntled resident is not happy with the continued reported lack of security at the Lofts at NoHo Commons, which is next to the North Hollywood Metro Red Line station. The anonymously written blog (so take that for what it's worth) reports of stolen car parts, an armed robbery, a drug dealer and a prostitution ring. It also paints a not so cheery picture for the general experience there: "lights are off throughout the residence. The hallways are pitch-black for at least an hour and a half daily. Locks in the stairwells seem to be broken with some regularity." Who knew transit oriented mixed-use living starting at $1565 a month was so grand.

http://laist.com/2008/09/02/crime_problems_at_lofts_at_noho_com.php#comments

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

COMMENTS ON LAist Blog:

Thank you for posting this. I was looking for an apartment in September '07 and the Lofts at NoHo Commons was at the top of my list.

I even completed a rental application. I decided against moving from West L.A. because I was concerned about a longer commute and gas prices (I work in Westwood).

BOY am I glad I stayed put. Good looking out, Zach.

I just wish there was some comprehensive website designed to post reviews/ratings of apartments from the tenant's perspective.

If any of you LAist'ers have any ideas on websites to help apartment hunters, I'd sure be interested. Driving around is a pain (especially with higher gas prices).

Cheers!


By gimplonius
[2] | 09/02/08 04:21PM

I've been wondering about this place for a while. It's so gigantic... It really should have its own security force...


By Johnny
[3] | 09/02/08 04:32PM

I guess you don't always get what you pay for.


By scotyosh
[4] | 09/02/08 04:51PM

Great piece of info!


By mmhmmm
[5] | 09/03/08 03:34PM

I live at the lofts, and I just read the guy's blog entry. His accounts are accurate, no exagerations. I remember that condom in the stairwell, the bmw's on cinderblocks from when the wheels were stolen, the armed robbery, all of it. Yeah, this place is totally overpriced and dangerous. I don't feel safe at my apartment at all. And the management totally gives you attitude and dirty looks if you ever complain about anything.

http://laist.com/2008/09/02/crime_problems_at_lofts_at_noho_com.php#comments